To use the pen tool in Adobe Photoshop CS6:
- Select the pen tool from the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
- Click and hold the mouse button to create anchor points and shape your path. You can also click without holding the mouse button to create straight lines between anchor points.
- To add a curve to your path, click and hold the mouse button to create an anchor point, and then drag the direction line that appears. This will create a curved line between the current anchor point and the next one you create.
- To close the path, click on the starting anchor point.
- To adjust the shape of the path, hover your cursor over an anchor point and click and drag to move it. You can also hover your cursor over a direction line and click and drag to adjust the curvature of the line.
- To add or delete anchor points, right-click on the path and choose the appropriate option from the context menu.
- To fill the path with a color or pattern, select the path using the path selection tool (the black arrow tool in the toolbar), and then choose a color or pattern from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- To stroke the path with a brush or other tool, select the path using the path selection tool, and then choose a brush or tool from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- To save the path for future use, select the path using the path selection tool, and then choose “Save path” from the path options menu in the options bar at the top of the screen.